The use of force by law enforcement personnel is a matter of critical concern both to the public and to the law enforcement community. Officers are involved on a daily basis in numerous and varied encounters with the public and when warranted, may use force in carrying out their duties. Officers must have an understanding of, and true appreciation for, the limitations of their authority. This is especially true with respect to officers overcoming resistance while engaged in the performance of their duties. The Department recognizes and respects the value of all human life and dignity without prejudice to anyone. It is also understood that vesting officers with the authority to use reasonable force and protect the public welfare requires a careful balancing of all human interests.
- Ensure enforcement discretion. The Brady List does not apply Machine Learning [ML], Artificial Intelligence [AI], or any other coded mechanism to the determinations about any individual that it stores and delivers.
- Empower prosecutorial disclosure. This Brady List as a platform automates the compilation of data across entire jurisdictions for District Attorneys and Prosecutors.
- Enable judicial oversight. This Brady List platform is the first and only mechanism of its kind to serve the judiciary as a method to ensure delivery of Brady Material Disclosures.
- Build trust in the community through transparency. This Brady List is now, and always will be, open to the public - free and unfettered.
- Demonstrate accountability. The Brady List encourages law enforcement, prosecutors, and the judiciary to demonstrate their entire workflow from complaint intake through categorization, investigation, and conclusion.
In order to provide this service to 20,000+ Organizations, all POST Departments, and 5,000+ Prosecutors and Authorities nationwide with over 70,000 recorded instances already listed, we have standardized the input, date and time stamped the output, incorporated an epistemology of Brady Offenses & Material, Public Complaints, and Use-of-Force Reports; and, modernized the entire lexicon around the topic.
User accounts are available to all Organizations [Law Enforcement], Prosecutors, and state POST Departments.
This is available for LEOrg, Prosecutor, and POST Department that sign up on an individual basis.
This is available for Counties that commit to every single LEOrg and Prosecutor's Office.
This is available for States that commit to every single LEOrg, Prosecutor's Office, and POST Department.
All plans are invoiced annually and paid in advance. Civilian Oversight Committees [COC] are offered accounts at a reduced cost. Citizens and members of the Press are welcome to use this entire platform for FREE.